Tuesday 11 August 2009

Summer’s lease hath all too short a date...

Which is essentially a miserable excuse for neglecting my blog. Yet suddenly the blackberries are in the hedgerow and evenings are drawing in. The campaigning season will soon be upon us again.



This summer has seen me out and about around the village, pottering in the veg garden and even joining in with the wife's latest enthusiasm Hen Keeping. Coupled with a spell of ill health from my latest old mans illness; Gallstones I have had a complete break from Wargaming, painting and consequently this blog.


Well, almost a complete break in the last month I have managed to paint a reasonable batch of figures for a proposed Fire and Fury ACW army. The figures are Kennington Miniatures 20mm and once more are painted for speed and overall effect not as individual works of art. Still I got through 250 of them in a month so I am well pleased and can consider my painting malaise broken again. I now have about 1400 figures so I think it is time to finish basing them up and try a game.

After that I shall return to the final outstanding painting commissions. Only a very few left from long suffering customers but first I shall enjoy the last few days of summer. As I hope you will, best wishes and good health to you all.


PS. plenty of gaming and painting posts lined up for the next few months so please do call again. Iam off now, I just realized I need a bloody haircut.

9 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

That looks like quite a garden!


-- Jeff

Peeler said...

Hey John, good to see you back on again.
"almost a complete break.. in the last month..reasonable batch of figures..I got through 250 of them.."
And thats a break? Respect...:-)

Fitz-Badger said...

Only 250 in a month, what a slacker! LOL (that's about 250 more than me!)
Yep, nice garden.
Summer is far from over where I live - here in the "Inland Empire" area of southern California we get long hot summers. Several months of high 90's and up. It can last well into October. And I don't do well in heat. (I shouldn't complain, this year hasn't been too bad. I think we sent some of the heat up Jeff's way. Sorry Jeff!)

Hope you're feeling better!

Der Alte Fritz said...

Glad to see you are back on the blog. We missed you. That is quite a respectable garden. Much better than my miserable weed patch.

Anonymous said...

Der Alte, it's all a case of presentation; my own weed patch is a Managed Biodiversity Refuge.

The Serjeant has to grow his own food, as there are no shops.

Steve Gill

tradgardmastare said...

Veg look great -keep up the good work it will be worth it!
best wishes
Alan

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Good to have you back John - but did you have to mention ACW???????!!! :o)

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello there John,

Glad to hear you are doing well. Lovely summertime photos there. Great looking ACW figures too. Eagerly looking forward to your new posts. And hey, your longer hair doesn't look half bad! ;-)

Best Regards,

Stokes

Mike Siggins said...

A veg plot to die for! Wish I had one.

Good to see you back.

Mike